Wednesday 4 March 2015

Oliver: Midi Rain - Always [Club Instrumental mix] (1 December 1991)



I started this blog by listening to the Peel recordings on an iPad.  However, when I did a settings update, a compatibility issue meant I could no longer access the server I'd been listening to shows, up to 7 December 1991, on.  It wasn't till today that I had a chance to listen to the whole show again for the first time in 3 months and while all my original selections, bar 1, survived the initial impressions test, this club land techno beauty from John Rocca aka Midi Rain slipped through the cracks.  It could be because Peel, by his own admission, only played "some of it".  Or the fact it was the penultimate track in a three hour show, but that theory doesn't hold water either.  All I can say is that I'm glad I was listening with fresher ears today than I had been 3 months ago.

Peel played the club instrumental mix and I love that, but the vocal mix is worth a listen as well.



With vocals!

No comments:

Post a Comment